when should i start back going to school......and when did ya'll start back going to school or to work after ya'll just had a baby

im just wondering i wanna go back like next month.....and i want cafemoms parents opinion

bossrenee

Asked by bossrenee at 3:16 PM on Oct. 7, 2008 in General Parenting

• I started college when my oldest was 5 months old. I was a single mom and my choices were basically starve on welfare, work 60+ hrs a week and pay someone else to raise my kid, or go back to school. School was a good choice. There were a lot of resources to help parents going to college and I was very motivated to suceed. I had been back at work since he was 8 weeks old. I had my second my last semester in college and was back in class a week later (with her in a sling with me...) I had to be at work or school full time from the time my kids were between 6 and 12 weeks old. It sucks to have to be away from your infant, but those are the unfortunate economic realities of our time.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 3:19 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• try an online college. that is what i am doing right now. I get to stay at home with my baby and I am still bettering our future. there are a lot of colleges and a lot to look into before jumping into one. I looked for ones that the credits would transfer easily, they were credible and there wasnt a specific time that i needed to be online to meet with the teacher.... with a mommy's schedule we never know whats going to happen.... i also didnt have to worry about finding someone else to watch my son and i wont miss any of his milestones =)
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 3:26 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• i was able to take a paid 6 months while i was pregnant and then another paid 12 months after my daughter was born..gotta love BC health care :)
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 5:05 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I actually had my son a month ago, a week after my classes started, i just enrolled for online classes through my university. i thought that it would be hard, but its actually not too bad. i'm only taking the minimun hours for full time status and i get to stay home with my son and do homework. i even took my homework with me when i was in labor. if i can do it, so can you. goodluck! hope whatever you chose to do works out well :)
    aserran4

Answer by aserran4 at 7:00 PM on Oct. 7, 2008