im pregnant and been craving coffee is it ok to drink a cup

Im about 23 weeks and I want starbucks!!!!!! is tea of coffee safe to drink if I have a cup they said a glass of red wine is ok what about coffee or tea??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:20 PM on Oct. 7, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I had different providers for all 3 pregnancies and all of them said that a cup or two of coffee a day was ok. I had to stop in the last trimester though because I already had to pee all the time and the coffee made it ridiculous.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 3:22 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Get decaf -- it still has some caffeine and won't blow your entire caffeine allowance for the day. Typically in a "normal, healthy, low risk" pregnancy you are allowed 150-300mg of caffeine. A grande coffee is about 400mg.

http://www.americanpregnancy.org/pregnancyhealth/caffeine.html

Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 3:22 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• when i was preg i drank a little every once in a while and my baby was very healthy, but just don't over do and it should be fine.
    momacowgirl

Answer by momacowgirl at 3:22 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• sure, you can have a cup. i did cafe au lait (half milk half coffee) so I could have 2 cups lol
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 3:23 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I have coffee every day. I'd recommend staying away from the red wine, though...even if they say it's okay, caffeine would be recommended 50 million times over alcohol.

Go get you some Starbucks mama! I've been craving it lately too =3
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 3:26 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Iam craving coffe so bad too. I know they say a lil is ok but i just get a frappacinno every once in a while.
    BabyGsMaMa13

Answer by BabyGsMaMa13 at 3:26 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• i crave cappachino every morning so i have a big cup.... i am fine!! i am 22 weeks almost 23
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 3:26 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I dont drink coffee at all, so i never had this prob.. well ok, id sell my grandmother for starbucks iced caramel macchiato lol.. but anyway.. im not a coffee drinker, so i didnt have this prob in my pregnancy. but my OB told me 1-2 small cups /day is ok if its not too strong... so i guess you are ready to go to starbucks!!!.... drink a iced caramel macchiato for me pls :( we dont have it here in germany in this area :((((
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 3:27 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• have you ever tried Postum? Tastes a lot like coffee but it's made from wheat
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 3:27 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• yes. its perfectly alright to have 1 to 2 cups (8ozs) a day. but i wouldnt advise exceeding that.
    Anonymous