xtians: any thoughts on this? (anyone can answer, just don't bash please.)

http://www.swtimes.com/features/article_f039959c-a770-11df-8cfa-001cc4c002e0.html

i'm not curious about whether you drink or don't drink...this news story is about a church holding services in local restaurants/bars..welcoming all, any to come and hear the gospel..AND buy/drink alcohol at the same time, during service.
i'm curious..if you're drunk, or not completely sober, and you ''get saved''..what happens when you sober up? my thought is you haven't made a clear decision..and may not be ready to make a decision, if you're not sober. IMO

dullscissors

Asked by dullscissors at 4:43 PM on Aug. 16, 2010 in Religious Debate

• Very interesting question. I agree with the PP who said that the evidence is seen when the person remembers and follows through, walking with the Lord. When I gave my heart to the Lord ten years ago I was a daily pot smoker. I was probably high when I prayed and invited Him to take over my life. I did remember, and I did grow. Over the next year I knew that God was asking me to quit my habit. I argued with Him about it for about 11 months, then I finally gave it up. That was almost 9 years ago. Sorry to take us on a tangent, but it is sort of related.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:39 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• My question would be this... at first glance how would you know if the person is drunk on alcohol or on the New Wine of Jesus Christ?

That would be interesting to see. Definately when they way up the next morning the drunk on Alcohol will have a head ache for sure !
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 5:23 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Sounds like as good of a place as any. Not everyone at the bar will be completly trashed and even still, the message could get through to someone.
    AmazingAmanda

Answer by AmazingAmanda at 4:45 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I think that people who get drunk need Christ.
    People who just have one drink with friends need Christ.
    People who just like to hang out at bars need Christ.
    Everyone needs Christ and it is great that they are trying to include everyone and reach out. The Bible never says dont drink at all...it says dont get drunk. So have one, two, or three if you dont get drunk off of it.
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 4:58 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• dullscissors...
    If these people are called to do this then the Holy Spirit will do the rest. This is no different than sharing the gospel to the drunks on the streets and they immediately become sober... That is a sign following ! That is the point!
    Are they making a sound decision.. their spirit is ... the flesh will fight but the spirit will fight harder to be free in the arms of Beloved Jesus.
    I advise you to look for the fruit in what they are doing.. not what they are doing.. are people coming to Jesus... are people getting free... those are the things to look at when you are not sure! When we stop trusting what man is doing and judging them and start trusting was God is doing and believing He has it all in His hands and knows exactly what He is doing... what you will see will be beyond what you ever thought possible!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 5:21 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Its a good thing the building doesn't count because it wasn't that long ago my church held the services under a tent :) it really doesn't matter where and since it is after hours there probably won't be much drinking anyways. Most people are not going to go to drink even if they are drunks any other time. Its always about appearances. For the same reason I can't get my MIL to come to church . She claims she can't go because she doesn't own any dresses and her dead mother would roll over in her grave if she went in jeans. The appearance part kept me out of church for a long time. As for your question if your drunk and you get saved it only counts if you remember it and up hold your commitment. :) if the Holy Spirit has you then your gonna remember being saved.
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 8:13 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I think churches are obligated to serve thier communities. As communities and societies changes churches have to learn to adapt to those changes or they will go out of business. This is an example of a church adapting to it's changing community.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 4:46 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Agree with AmazingAmanda
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 4:47 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• no, i don't think anyone would get 'completely trashed', either. i just question their sound judgement..much like i'd question a very young child who doesn't fully grasp the concept of what they're hearing or agreeing with/to.
    dullscissors

Comment by dullscissors (original poster) at 4:49 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Good marketing. I just hope they inform all the patrons going into the restaurant what will be happening.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 4:50 PM on Aug. 16, 2010