Women who married there highchool sweetie.

Help! Im 22 years old and married with a two year old. I ve been with my highschool sweetie since i was 16! Now we are married and somewhat happy. No drama. So So. I find myself very insecure in my reltionship or maybe in myself. I am constantly thinking what it would be like to be single and and to date again. I do love my husband and i knnow he loves me, but i feel like i want something different or experience something new. I want an adventure so to say. Not that i would leave my husband , but i just think hmmm.. what if i was with someone else who was better or fit with me better, or just to be single. anyone else feel like this, or am i a very bad person for thinking it. How many women out there that maried there highschool sweetie and are still together? How is it, do you ever wonder the same as me? what should i do, i dont really like feeling this way. Hmmm.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:27 PM on Oct. 7, 2008 in Relationships

• Well I do understand you... only from what friends told me. I'm not married to my highschool-sweetie. I dont think you need to feel bad about what youre thinking and stuff. Its just normal, because you probably never really been on a date and such. You will probably ask you very often in the future what would have been different. But everytime you think you maybe could have missed something look at your child. Then you will get a simple answer: Life would have sucked, because you probably wouldnt have your little one :)

Talk to your husband about it, maybe it will help you a little bit. But make it clear that you love him and he has nothing to worry about. ;-)
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 3:32 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I meet DH the begining of our senior yr. We have been together for 13yrs. We married when I was 21, and had our 1st child at 25. I remember feeling like u a bit in the early days. So I went out w/ the girls. I enjoyed getting checked out. That was enough for me. I'm over those feeling now
    Anonymous

• i am and we have been married for two years, but i have never thought that before, i want to be married and would never want anyone else... maybe think about him leaving you and how you would feel, does it make you feel bad?
    momacowgirl

Answer by momacowgirl at 3:34 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I'm 24 with a 1 and half year old. I'm with my highschool sweetheart but we're technically not married. Just recently I've began thinking about hooking up with people but I know that I don't really want to. Sometimes it just feels like things are getting stale in the relationship but you just have to take a step back and figure out what to do about it together. Maybe you guys need to try something new in the bedroom, maybe you'll find something out about each other that will start the fire back up. Go somewhere you've never been before, do something you haven't done before. Or start a hobby together..me and my BF started bowling.
    Whenever I start to feel like you feel I just remind myself that I have a great man and a wonderful father to our child.

And definently try something new in the sack..it always works and he will LOVE you for it!!
    brock-lee

Answer by brock-lee at 3:40 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I married my high school sweetheart. we have been together for over 5 years and married just over 1. I love him more than i ever thought was possible. before we got married i did wonder if i was making a mistake. maybe i should explore some options. it this really what is best for me... i mean i have been with him since i was 16... but i know deep down in my heart that there is no one else out there that i could ever be happy with. anyone else i would just be settling with... talk to your hubby. maybe try spicing things up, or a date night. maybe role playing would give you that new experience you long for??? GL
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 3:45 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• i have been with my bf since i was 17 and he was 15. we are 26 and 28 now. we are not married yet but have an almost 3 year old son. in our 10 year relationship we have had our ups and downs and i used to wonder what it would be like to be single again. after thinking about it, i realized that i couldnt be comfortable starting all over with someone else and that i love my bf to death even though i really do hate him sometimes. i am sure he hates me sometimes too but that is part of life . go out with the girls. have fun. feel single without being available. so long as your hubby is not abusing you or cheating on you, it aint gonna get much better than what you got. if anything it will get worse cause if you do break up you are gonna have to see him with another woman eventually too and think about how that would make you feel.
    Anonymous

• I asked the Q. .... Um I want to be married as well and yes I would have missed out on my beautiful daughter. I think he feels the same, he is in law school and always talks about ho he wished i was school because he finds it sexy for a women to be all smart and in school. Makes me think hes out looking. His schedule is never regular, and hes never at home, he will call and say hey wont be home till 7, i have a meeting. .. hmmm. After having a baby I felt like he would think i was unattractive. he never says. If hes own he zones out to football and we dont talk. Or its study study study! I wonder if he would leave me, dont think i wouls leave him. I almost wish he would leave me just for time, or me leave just for time. so we can realize if we are capatable or not. I just dont know.
    Anonymous

• this shall to pass. you got married to young is all. so give yourself time to mature and grow in your marriage. everyone has an issue with their marriage you are not along but doesn't mena it's greener on the other. i married my high school sweet heart but i also divorced him after 3 yrs of what never really was a marriage.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 3:57 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I married my highschool sweet heart and it was a divorce waiting to happen from the time we said "I do" We were married for 5 years and it was all a bunch of high school drama. He was a nice guy when I met him (at 15 and he was 14) but he slowly turned into a big ass over the years. I was 24 when I divorced him and I realize now that because I didn't know what I was missing...I settled for less but I also didn't know any different. I should have never married him but we do have a beautiful little boy together...just sad that he is too busy drinking and hanging out with his buddies to grow up and be a real dad.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 4:26 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I suppose its natural to wonder what else is out there...but maybe my perspective will help a little. I dated my SO in school, we were a year apart, and we just went our separate ways after high school. After college and after I had my daughter, we got back together and are now starting our family. We are the right choice for each other...I saw what else was out there, and he's the one for me, so don't feel like you're missing out.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 5:03 PM on Oct. 7, 2008