This Really Really Stinks! adult content

I have really bad dry skin and a rash on my legs that is Very itchy. I was using anti-itch creams and Desitin diaper rash cream. This helped better than anything I've tried so far.

Unfortunately, this stinks. Literally. My dh can't stand the smell to the point that he doesn't want to sleep with me.

What can I use that will work as well as this stuff? It's pretty bad.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:03 PM on Aug. 16, 2010 in Health

• If it's infected, you should see someone. Clean it well with peroxide or epsom salts and then apply aquaphor. If that doesn't do it, you should consult the nurse line.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 5:04 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• You should go see a dermatologist. That doesnt sound like normal dry skin.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 5:05 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Are you saying that the meds stink or the rash? You should probably see your doc either way, but if the rash stinks, go now.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 5:06 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Destin does stink. Anti-itch creams won't help with the dryness. Try using vasaline or cocoa butter. Wrap the area up with gaze before bed if you have to to keep it from rubbing off on your clothes and sheets. Shea butter should, too.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 5:08 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I use a cortizone cream, esp after I get my allergy shot, keeps down any reactions I might have. It's in any drug store, grocery store, Walmart, etc.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 5:11 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Try using coconut oil, it smells yummy and fights bacteria and fungus! Get the raw unprocessed kind, I had to go the health food store to get it.
    mommawhite08

Answer by mommawhite08 at 5:13 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• A & D ointment - it smells a lot better than desitin. My DH has to use it on his hands.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 5:37 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I'd definitely get it looked at. Doesn't sound like just normal dry skin to me.. and by the way, what in the world is DH? Sorry for the dumb question lol
    a_stewart08

Answer by a_stewart08 at 11:02 PM on Aug. 16, 2010