Would it be wrong to pretend to be Christian to get a job at a Christian preschool?

I believe in God just not the bible.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:04 PM on Aug. 16, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• But are you a Christian? I wouldn't pretend to be something that I am not because I would be wronging myself.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 5:05 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Oh gosh, I'm so sorry, I didn't see that you said a "job". I think that if they're looking for a Christian person to fill the position, then YES it would be very wrong for you to pretend to be a christian. I thought you were talking about your child attending a christian preschool. sorry!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:09 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• "I dont understand how you can believe in jesus and not the bible...? "

She said she believes in God, not Jesus. And many people believe in Jesus's message, but don't hold the Bible to be the absolute, infallible word of God...
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 6:26 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• would you ever really be comfortable there if you did get hired? I just think I would be uncomfortable there if I had to lie about something like that. IMO
    MamaSarah1104

Answer by MamaSarah1104 at 5:05 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• No that is wrong and fake......thats low.
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 5:05 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• If i were a parent of a child at the preschool i would be a little pissed, im obviously sending my child there to get an education and learn about the bible.

I dont understand how you can believe in jesus and not the bible...?
    SunShineMoMM

Answer by SunShineMoMM at 5:07 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I would just be honest and see what sort of "religous" things they would expect of you and see if you would eaven feel comfortable with it.
    mommawhite08

Answer by mommawhite08 at 5:11 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• (although she very well may believe in Jesus, yet even so, that doesn't mean she has to believe "in" the Bible.)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 6:27 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• depends on how Christian you have to pretend to be. if its as simple as them asking you & you saying "yes" and that being the end of it, sure. but how likely is it that you will have to say a specific prayer, teach a Bible based class, or live by a special code of conduct while employed there? are you willing to change your life outside of work for this job? are you willing to lie every single time someone asks you a question on your beliefs, and having to agree w/ their interpretation of Christianity just to keep your job. sounds like a lot of work to me!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 6:35 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I think it's wrong to lie to to get the job because it will come back to bite you in the ass.

As for the other question that someone asked ... I have a firm belief in God but don't believe in the Bible. I look at it kind of like a First Grader reader (see spot run kind of thing) ... it's stories put together to give you an introduction to God but you are supposed to move past it and use your brain and heart to get closer to God, not a book.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 7:44 PM on Aug. 16, 2010