how do I make friends now that I'm older

I'm 46 now and it just recently occurred to me, I have no girlfriends anymore, they all are still single and partying and I'm not. I have 2 dsd I'm a sahm, home schooling the youngest ,not in the best of health. never had very many gfs to start with I'm socially toxic with women ,went to a BBQ at the neighbors ,but then I opened my mouth and said something stupid about scrapbooking I didn't mean it in a bad way but boy they took it bad ,so what I'm saying will you be my friend and overlook my stupidly,I'm in indiana if it matters.

whitedove34

Asked by whitedove34 at 5:04 PM on Aug. 16, 2010 in Relationships

• Im recently going through the same thing, im in the mid 20s, and everyone my age is still partying and getting drunk..it just doesnt appeal to me.
    SunShineMoMM

Answer by SunShineMoMM at 5:09 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I feel the same way. I am in my early thirties and live out of my hometown and haven't made much friends around here. My huband hadn't either until this last year and now I even get jealous when he gets to hang out with friends and I don't. Even though he tells me to hang out with him and his friends but its not the same as having your own girlfriends.
    Avon_Girlie

Answer by Avon_Girlie at 5:38 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• i met some of my best friends through my daughter - parents of her friends. i met friends at church (UU) and i participate in a spiritual group of women. i don't really hang out like i used to. a real friend will love you for who you are. you don't really want to be friends with people who will judge you and reject you over one statement. you could always just put yourself out there and apologize again - or just act like it was nothing, which it should be. meet people doing things you love... whether it's playing bingo, joining a book club, singing karaoke, cooking class, whatever... you're most likely to meet people you have things in common with
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 6:32 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• but then again not in the best of health can't get out much, just a little at a time, men I have no problem with. husband has problem with that.But women just make me turn into a backwoords mouse.,parents of sd friends are half of them have small children and have no time for me,the other half are single and party or are stoned. I just need someone to talk to maybe I should just call shrink she has to talk to me.
    whitedove34

Comment by whitedove34 (original poster) at 10:56 AM on Aug. 17, 2010