sharp pain......please read adult content

im having sharp shooting pain in my vagina and im 12 weeks pregnant. has anyone else experiences this? do you know what the cause is? it just comes and goes and it really hurts. i have no other symptoms....no bleading or cramping so i dont think its sign of miscarriage. it happens probably once or twice an hour.

cassie_m

Asked by cassie_m at 5:05 PM on Aug. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Call your OBGYN and talk to one of the nurses.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 5:10 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• round ligament? call your ob
    TaylorBaby

Answer by TaylorBaby at 5:15 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• You could just be having typical pregnancy discomforts or "growing pains." If you feel like it may be an issue, call your doc or midwife. You can only trust your own instincts.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 5:16 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I had the same thing in my last pregnancy (but in the 3rd trimester) .. it almost felt like an electrical shock up my vagina. I went into my doctor because I was concerned about it and she said it was most likely the baby sitting on a nerve. Hope this helps!
    happymama2D

Answer by happymama2D at 5:45 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• i get those sometimes too during my period, it goes into your butt right? and hurts really bad? it's just your uterus expanding and ligaments and nerves responding
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 6:10 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I get that same feeling and im only 7 weeks. its pretty normal from what my midwife tells me. Its just your body stretching and getting ready for baby. Shouldnt be anything to worry about but if your still really concerened call your dr. and just have them check you out.
    stevynjjsmoma

Answer by stevynjjsmoma at 9:59 AM on Aug. 17, 2010