i feel like a bad mom

My daughter was sopost to go to the docters today and i forgot all about it now i feel like a bad mom and when i call it was only an hour and a half late they said they cant see her till aug. 30th i feel like a bad mom.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:05 PM on Aug. 16, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• what was it for? if its just a well visit dont worry. everybody forgets things. if she is sick consider taking her to an urgent care clinic or the e.r. dont feel bad. we all have those DUH moments!
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 5:07 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I agree with cassie_m.

Does your doctor not do reminder calls? Those have saved me several times. I thought most doctor's offices called a day or two before appointments as a courtesy to remind you.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 5:10 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• yea but the normally do them like 2 or 3 day in advance and this time they did a week and a half early but it was her 1 year check up

honeyb690

Answer by honeyb690 at 5:13 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Don't worry about missing an appointment. You can't time everything with a child. I forget EVERYTHING, it seems like. I once drove 45 mins away to the dr's office and it turns out ..... there was no appointment! LoL - felt like the biggest idiot ever! Don't sweat it, it's going to happen more than once!
    DAjZeZnLE

Answer by DAjZeZnLE at 5:14 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• It's just one of those things that happen. I live by the calendar on my phone. I put everything in there so that way i don't forget anything or hopefully don't miss anything important. Don't worry to much about this.
    sonsmom

Answer by sonsmom at 5:20 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• The bad mom is the one who beats her baby. You merely missed a doctor's appointment, in which all too often the doctor will call everything you believe into question and make you doubt yourself more. **smile**

A two week wait will be FINE.

Answer by gdiamante at 5:44 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Dr. visits aren't mandatory. If you want to know her weight and height and head circumferance you can do that yourself while you wait for your next appointment. It's not that big of a deal.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 5:48 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• A bad mom wouldn't take her baby at all EVER! Aug 30 is only 2 weeks away. As long as the appt was for a well baby check up there is nothing to be worried about.
    mama2000_1

Answer by mama2000_1 at 12:31 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• dnt swaeat it i ahve done this 2
    regian19832002

Answer by regian19832002 at 12:43 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Things happen just take her to the next one.
    Cassandre

Answer by Cassandre at 10:25 AM on Aug. 17, 2010