Have YOU lost weight substituting splenda for sugar in your food and drinks?

how much/how long

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:20 PM on Aug. 16, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• no. the only way to lose weight is to burn more calories than you consume, eat the right kind of calories too. calories from whole grains are far easier to burn than those from a bag of skittles.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 5:24 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Using artificial sweeteners may not work at all. They can trick the body into craving sweets and you end up eating extra calories. You may as well have eatened the sweetened version. It's better to avoid sweets and learn to do things like just drink water.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 5:26 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Lost weight, no. Although a friend of mine lost 20 lbs. by switching from regular coke to diet, but he was drinking a six-pack of the stuff every day.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 5:24 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I lost 10 lbs in 2 months just from switching from regular to diet coke. Of course, I was working in a restaurant and trying to stay awake late hours so I drank a ton of the stuff!

Answer by missanc at 6:27 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• No, haven't lost weight but I've learned my body can't tolerate sugar any more - pre-diabetic, so Splenda helps in that regard.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 11:49 PM on Aug. 17, 2010