When to register for your baby?

when is the appropriate time register for your baby?

peachfuzz

Asked by peachfuzz at 3:31 PM on Oct. 7, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I registered in my first trimester =] As people gave me stuff for free and I learned that I'm having a girl and I began to learn exactly what I would need, I took away and added accordingly. My showers are next month and I think I've made a very nice effective registry. I don't think there's any wrong time to do it, as long as you do it in time for the baby!

And this is my first baby too! It'll get so much more exciting as you go along =3
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 4:24 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• register what?
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 3:38 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• i would think some time in the 2nd trimester u are less likely to miscarriage!!
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 3:39 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• thanks navywifemomkoch, I'm at the end of my first trimester. I'm starting to get a little pooch and it is all so exciting. This is my first baby and I am just learning what all I need to get done.
    Thanks again- Angie
    peachfuzz

Answer by peachfuzz at 3:52 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Really I think most women will tell you around 7 months. At that point the risk of miscarriage has greatly declined, and if you're going to find out what you're having you should know at that point. Do you know where you're planning on registering? I know it's a lot of fun to go to the big baby stores and do it but depending on your income bracket and the economy it's probably wise to register for a few things at one of the big stores and do the realistic basics at Target or Walmart. Pick your decor out at Babies R Us, but register for coordinating pieces at target, register for your stroller at target or the like. The Babies R Us places get so pricey but have such cute things. Just be a smart baby shopper, half the things on the registry list you won't end up needing.
    tat2edmommyof2

Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 4:23 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• i did at 7 months
    mibabi

Answer by mibabi at 4:32 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• We registered at 4 months because that's when it was going to be convenient for the both of us to do it. Then I just managed it online and deleted and added things online.
    slynnb

Answer by slynnb at 4:32 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• im probably going to register some time in the next few weeks whenever i get a chance to go and do it!!..... i think you should do it whenever you want to! i know of course you dont want a miscarriage, but you cant think like that, just carry on with life as if it would never happen.... register do baby stuff have fun with it!! you may have to go back and change and update stuff, but that just makes it fun you can go do it again and again :)
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 4:39 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• oh and ll be 6 months.
    KelsoBabeyy

• Thank you all for your answers, I go see my OB next on the 20th, I think I will register after my dr's visit- I am 11 weeks along and very excited!
    Angie
    peachfuzz

Answer by peachfuzz at 3:08 PM on Oct. 10, 2008