mother accidently runs over her 8yr old dd...so sad

http://www.wvec.com/news/8-year-dies-after-being-run-over-by-a-horse-trailer-100705024.html

apparently they're asking for money because they have no money for her funeral. thoughts?

armywife43

Asked by armywife43 at 5:31 PM on Aug. 16, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• That is really sad. :( If they were in my church I would definitely donate to pay for a funeral.
    Laura2U

Answer by Laura2U at 5:33 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• how do accidently hit a 8 year old?
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 5:34 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• she dident seem too upset for amother who just killed her kid....imo
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 5:37 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Wow. After reading that, all I can think to say to the mom is DUH!!! Sorry for the loss, but it was a very avoidable accident. And her auto insurance probably just went through the roof!
    silversmom

Answer by silversmom at 5:39 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• That's sad. It's sad how often I hear stories like this popping up. I knew someone who this happened to and they were devestated. I mean what do you even do in that situation. I can understand how it happens especially with a big vehicle or horse trailor, sometimes kids just run in the way or something.
    MamaSarah1104

Answer by MamaSarah1104 at 5:39 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• WOW
    navajomama7

Answer by navajomama7 at 5:42 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Dead children do not turn into angels. How sad people have to make up stuff like that.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 5:46 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• How is an 8 yr old not able to get out of the way?
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 5:48 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Truly sad. However, how can you not hear someone screaming if you are backing up over a child. Cars also have mirrors that you are supposed to look before moving. The whole picture gives me chills.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 5:51 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I have an (almost) 8 year old and he doesn't think. We live in a fifth wheel and are often moving it and it seems every time, I have to tell him to get off of the steps and away from the trailer. Every time. So I can understand how it could happen. Kids just don't think, and when they're used to a situation and nothing bad ever happened before, they get brave and risky.
    Laura2U

Answer by Laura2U at 5:51 PM on Aug. 16, 2010