Mirena IUC (IUD)???? Anyone!!!!

What I was wondering is has anyone ever gotten a Mirena IUC put in then ended up in the hospital and had to have an emergency surgery to have it removed because it perforated their uterus?

I wanted to know because about 3 years ago I had that issue and wanted to see if there was anyone else that had the same issue!!

I asked it in health but did not really get anyone to anwser... So I figured I would ask in here!!!

Jessiewith3

Asked by Jessiewith3 at 3:33 PM on Oct. 7, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I haven't personally...my mirena has given me no problems. But I have heard of that happening.
    megmckn

Answer by megmckn at 3:44 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I haven't heard anything like that happening but I was wondering if things like that could happen because I'm debating getting that or just the depo shot. I think I'll opt for the shot b/c I won't have insurance to cover an emergency surgery. Thanks for helping me make up my mind.
    Anonymous

• It didn't perforate, but it went into my left fallopian tube. I had to have emergency surgery last week.
    jluvskija

Answer by jluvskija at 11:10 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• BTW.... I hate Mirena :D
    jluvskija

Answer by jluvskija at 11:11 PM on Mar. 3, 2009