Sleep Positioners?

I have being seeing a lot of posts/comments about the use of sleep positioners with babies. I was under the impression that they were not at all recommended. Has anyone heard the same?

Erin814

Asked by Erin814 at 5:39 PM on Aug. 16, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• they are dangerous
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 5:45 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Yeah, I'm not a fan either. I didn't use one w/my 1st & attempted to use one w/my 2nd. It wouldn't stay put.
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 5:54 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• they are dangerous
    ---------------------------
    That's what I was thinking. My son's DO never recommended them (even with his acid reflux disease) and I did not buy one for this baby either. I was just confused because they seem to be popular for something that I thought was not supposed to be used.

Isn't the safest philosophy still "Nothing in the crib, except baby." ?
    Erin814

Comment by Erin814 (original poster) at 5:49 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• They aren't recommend by the SIDS organizations.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 7:06 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I haven't heard much about them.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:55 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I have a 10 year old and I had one when he was a baby. They were the "thing" because they would keep the baby on their side instead of totally on their back and it was supposed to help with reflux and keep them from getting a flat head. I used it with dd too. When prego with my (now 2 year old) last son I heard they were dangerous and shouldn't be used and it really wasn't something we needed anyway. So....it just depends on who you listen to. If you asked my mom about putting your child to sleep on his/her tummy, she would say "I put all 4 of my kids on their tummies and they turned out fine". Well, we now know that is not the right thing to do. They probably found something during research to lead them to the theory that they shouldn't be used.
    mama2000_1

Answer by mama2000_1 at 12:25 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• i used one wth my first son my senod son slept in his bouncey seat
    regian19832002

Answer by regian19832002 at 12:41 AM on Aug. 17, 2010