Has anyone ever made their own memory candles? What technique did you use?

I need to make one for my SIL's wedding. I am considering trying rub-on transfers. I don't know how well these work on candles, though.

bluemomma

Asked by bluemomma at 3:33 PM on Oct. 7, 2008 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I've never heard of a memory candle? Would love to know what a memory candle might be!
    TessLouise

Answer by TessLouise at 4:46 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I made my unity candle for my wedding with ribbon rhinestones and hot glue gun. I got this gorgeous antique button put it in the center with two wedding bands hanging from it. Really cheap and easy
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 11:54 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• when i made mine for my grandparents page, i took rubber stamps, a candle, and a heat gun, on the base of the candle, i stamped grandpa and grandma on tissue paper, and colored it all pretty and then took a heat gun, and melted the candle a bit, and then put the tissue paper around it, and again applied the heat gun, and the tissue melted into the candle. Just make sure if you light the candle, not to let it burn down to the tissue, or you will have a little fire...
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 12:19 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I don't know if this is the same, but I decorated candles with fall leaves for my friends wedding last year. I pressed the leaves, and used puzzle glue to stick them to the candle and put a shiny finish over them. They were beautiful! You can use the same technique for pictures or anything made of paper. And Mod Podge would probably work the same as puzzle glue.
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 9:44 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I was given a great idea. print out a pic w/computer paper, you need a white candle, and put the pic on the candle, then tape wax paper over the pic. with a very high heat blow dryer you melt the wax and it sets the picture into the wax. you need to turn the candle and make sure its an even melt, then put the candle in the freezer to quick freeze for about 5 min, or as long as it takes you to do the ext candle. you can put pictures of ur sis and her man. if you have ay questions mail me and i will get u better instructions
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 10:06 AM on Oct. 8, 2008