Bday Parties??

My daughters 3rd bday is next weekend and I haven't even started planning her party. I feel like a bad mom. I'm just not really in the mood this year. Idk whats up with me, I just its cuz alot has went on. I still don't know what 2 do. =(.

brokenheartmom

Asked by brokenheartmom at 5:49 PM on Aug. 16, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I was like that last year when we really couldn't afford to do anything other than cake or ice cream. Don't feel bad or be hard on yourself. She is 3. Whatever you decide to do she will enjoy!
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 5:52 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• i just had that. We did a backyard party with friends, lunch and cake. Trying to figure out a theme, my son said "green". So we did green balloons and streamers with silver stars in the tree. It was much more fun (and cheaper) than last year when everything was theme based.
    silversmom

Answer by silversmom at 5:52 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• When they are that small you really don't have to do anything extravagant. Just get a ready made cake from your local grocery decorated with her favorite characters, maybe some ice cream, cheetos, and m&m's.....invite some of her little friends or cousins and let them have a little party then play for awhile. believe me...they'll love it!
    Sunny1nGA

Answer by Sunny1nGA at 5:53 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• im being lazy this year too. we are just going to fill up the pool and turn on the sprinkler and have a bbq. my daughter is turning 4. but some quik and easy ideas:
    color cool whip and let them paint with it.
    make large amounts of playdough.
    shaving cream fight.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 5:56 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Just let her make all the decisions for that day.. etc.. what to eat, drink, play, and when to do it all!

They love being able to make all the choices.. especially on their day!

nolaero

Answer by nolaero at 1:00 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• My son Birthday is on Monday . He's turning four yrs old, The only thing I'm going to do is buy a cake and have some ice cream . I'm a invite a few family memebers. Happy Birthday !! Money is a little tight
    renzmom06

Answer by renzmom06 at 11:19 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Keep it simple & fun.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 12:46 PM on Sep. 17, 2010