SAHM with toddlers

Ladies how do you find time to workout and what is your workout routine?

MsHouseWife

Asked by MsHouseWife at 5:51 PM on Aug. 16, 2010 in General Parenting

• the on post gym has a nursery, but i havent used it because they want you to fill out an application and all that jive and i didnt feel like doing all of that just for 2 hours of gym time. i work out at home, everything i do at the gym i can do in the comfort of my home. i usually wait to work out when i put them to bed for the night. i do push ups (50), lunges (60), squats (60), leg lifts (60), sit ups (60), obliques (60), fire hydrants (60), hip raisers (60), i have a 10 minute solutions pilates dvd that comes with a resistance band and 5 ten miute pilates work outs, i have comcast on demand and they have free excercise tv that has different trainers and differnet routines. i also run around my neighborhood for 20 mins of cardio. i do a lot, because i like to work out! you can PM me if you want to know some of the routines i do or for more information.
    3xangel

Answer by 3xangel at 6:19 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• my best is putting the little ones in the jogging stroller and running as far as i can and then turning around and walking back. i found my double jogger on craigslist for 40$
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 5:52 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• i put the 2 younger kids in the stroller and the older one walks with me. we usually walk for at least a mile and of course he likes to jog sometimes too lol. i also do some leg lifts with the baby (and the bigger kids, they all take turns) laying on my shins. i need to do some toneing after they go to bed though lol..... that's just my ME time and i'm tired by then
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 7:12 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I haven't which is why I am joining a gym with babysitting -LOL
    NHRachel

Answer by NHRachel at 5:53 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I joined a gym, and when hubby comes home I run away!!!!!!!

Lol ;)

I tried the homeworkout thing, but it always failed because my son just loves me TOO MUCH!! Haha
    ToriBabe1221

Answer by ToriBabe1221 at 5:54 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• My gym has a nursery, I can workout for 2 hours a day.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 5:58 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I haven't had the time. Lol. Wish I did.
    reigndrops12689

Answer by reigndrops12689 at 6:45 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• naptime, or take stroller and go. bike riding. find a babysitter for an hr or 2 and go to gym.
    3Mommy020810

Answer by 3Mommy020810 at 8:48 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• put on a movie and go to it :)jumping rope

JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 10:07 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I just can't see myself spending $50 a month on a gym when I am no longer working. I would much rather spend the money on diapers and wipes
    MsHouseWife

Comment by MsHouseWife (original poster) at 9:48 PM on Aug. 17, 2010