wierd stringy mucousy discharge, 12 weeks pregnant.... sorry TMI adult content

i just went to the bathroom and when i wiped there was a stringy yellowish white mucous thing on the t.p. is this normal? im kind of freaking out!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:51 PM on Aug. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Either sounds like an infection or your mucus plug either way you need to see a dr....yellow is never a good thing
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 5:53 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• discharge is normal in pregnancy, it could just be discharge and it can also be the beginning of a yeast infection, if you have any discomfort or irritation down there its most likely a yeast infection, let your doctor know though, he should be running cultures on you soon if he hasn't already.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 5:54 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• if you feel its not normal then I would call and speek to your ob nurse. You are paying her a lot of money to listen to your every question.
    twinsnseptember

Answer by twinsnseptember at 8:06 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Since it was yellowish, you should probably be checked for infection. I've always been told that if there is any odor or color that it needs to be checked. As for being stringy and mucousy, that's normal (at least for me) when pregnant. I had it from 12 weeks up until the beginning of my third trimester.
    Ashes0813

Answer by Ashes0813 at 5:32 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• here we go again, it is simply a common discharge during pregnancy, it is heightened levels of progesterone! When you talk to your doctor i guarantee he/she will tell you the same thing! I have it every pregnancy and this is # 5 for us!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 1:12 PM on Aug. 17, 2010