Birth Control

If you are on birth control and you want to stop taking them to get pregnant, how long in advanced should you stop taking them?

noahsmommy12908

Asked by noahsmommy12908 at 5:58 PM on Aug. 16, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• i am currently accidentally pregnant because i went without my nuva ring for 3 days. you dont need any advanced notice.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 5:59 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• 3 months is ideal to give your body a chance to get back into the swing of things. However... I accidentally got pregnant exactly 15 days after my last pack of pills. =P So much for charting....
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 6:00 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I have never done this but I'm assuming asap. alot of people get pregnant for missing one pill. So asap. I actually got pregnant ON the depo!
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 6:06 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• for some it works quick for other's not so much. if you're still having problems getting pregnant try losing a couple of pounds and that can work for some too.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 6:22 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• It depends on your body. Some women can get pregnant within weeks of stopping any form of BC, others it may take months. If, after 6 months of trying you're still not pregnant, go talk with your doctor. Happy baby making!! :)
    michelle121003

Answer by michelle121003 at 7:59 PM on Aug. 16, 2010