A question for Moms who don't have any transportation in my area.

Let's say you're a SAHM in the Sarasota area and you had no car. You saw a group for Moms in your situation , would you join? It would be like a support/chat/playgroup type group.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:01 PM on Aug. 16, 2010 in General Parenting

• well I just wanna say hi from Sarasota LOL :)

I think the group sounds like a good idea.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 6:03 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I think that sounds like a great idea!!! Mommy's helping mommys!
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 6:04 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Do you have any neighbors with kids your age? If so, see if they would be interested in the group as well so you could ride together (offering gas money in trade).
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 6:04 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I'm not in your area, but if I could get to the events by bus or walking, I'd join. I'd be lost and lonely if it weren't for my play groups through Meetup.com!
    silversmom

Answer by silversmom at 6:05 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Playgroups are neat, as long as you are really interested in being involved. Moms are not usually too chatty, unless they know each other first, been there done that. Playgroups are very good as for children meeting in, playing, creating, and getting some time to be children. We however would never have done it without a car!! Never. Most moms may need you to get them notice and may want some cash in advance of ride for gas to go to and from , that is a fact. I don't know too many people running cars for nothing these days.
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 6:10 PM on Aug. 16, 2010