Brawling 101: Put Down the Baby Before You Start Swinging

You would think a tiny, sweet baby in your arms would stop someone from wailing on you ... at least long enough for you to put the baby down. But you would be wrong in the case of a trio of women in Delaware who injured a 3-month-old baby in their brawl.

http://thestir.cafemom.com/baby/108030/brawling_101_put_down_the?utm_medium=sm&utm_source=facebook&utm_content=fanpage

armywife43

Asked by armywife43 at 6:15 PM on Aug. 16, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• OMG! It pisses me off that she would put that baby into harms way. If anything at all she had plenty of time to sneak out the back door or a window and escape to a neighbors house.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 6:21 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• oh you'd like to think so!!
    a friend and i were standing in line at a movie theatre, and the customers right in front of us were suddenly in a 'brawl' with someone who came up to them (i don't know the specifics of why this person started the fight..didn't matter.). one of the customers was carrying a small child, and all three of them were screaming absurd expletives and about to 'go to fist city', when my gf stopped them. she told them they needed to ''put that child down and walk away!'', give the child to her (or anyone), that they were ''ignorant **#&(#$(''..and so on.
    we were in shock! however, they didn't put the child down or stop fighting..in fact, they turned on us!! crazytown!!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 6:21 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• wow what idiots...
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 6:22 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I agree with some of the comments...If I felt threatened I would pick up my baby to try and protect..there is no way I would lay my baby down while two people were in my house threatening me..I would want to protect her - I know it didn't end up that she was being protected..but what if those two nutjobs decided to take the baby..that would be far worse.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 6:23 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Wow. They need they're asses kicked. Then a nice small filthy cell.
    reigndrops12689

Answer by reigndrops12689 at 6:41 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• So many idiots, so few comets.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 7:03 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• There was just a story in Oklahoma where a grandma was holding a baby and tried to stop a knife fight (smart) and the baby got a 10 inch slice down the top of his head. He amazingly survived, but it is just ridiculous.
    Laura2U

Answer by Laura2U at 7:16 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I don't understand why people fight? Physically fight??? Are they on drugs and their brains have fried so badly they don't know how to live right anymore? ANd blind to the consequences of their actions? and with a baby in the picture? That's immoral.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 8:25 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I used to take pre-cooked meals to a soup kitchen in my previous town. The last time I went, I had my daughter with me, and she was about six months old at the time. I had the baby on one arm and the food in the other. There were two men standing outside the door, and instead of offering to open the door for me they almost broke out into a fight. Someone else broke it up and told them to let me through the door with the food and the baby. I decided then that I wouldn't be able to go there anymore since I had nobody to watch my daughter.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 10:28 PM on Aug. 16, 2010