Would people think twice about voting down an answer if they were held accountable?

To the best of my knowledge you can't see who voted down your answer, but I think that I should be notified about who voted down my answer. If I knew who voted down my answer I could see the answer they gave and understand why they voted me down. I just noticed that "anonymous" asked a question about how many kids a person had by the age of 22 and everyone who mentioned having kids in their teens got a vote down. Maybe someone wouldn't have felt like they could so easily have judged those women if they were held accountable for voting down. Sorry for the vent lol I just thought that maybe that would be something that other people might be thinking. :-)

MamaSarah1104

Asked by MamaSarah1104 at 6:44 PM on Aug. 16, 2010 in About CafeMom

• I think whoever DOES the vote-down should get MINUS one point but also it should tell us.
    AND I think if a person who posts ANON gets a certain number of vote-downs, they should lose their ANON ability. LOL
    Blubuni99

Answer by Blubuni99 at 7:01 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I'd still "vote down" the answers that I do if I were to be held accountable. If it's my opinion, I will state it.
    Kassey713

Answer by Kassey713 at 6:57 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I'd be happy if they either dumped hiding who votes down, or did the same for voting up ~ and quite happy if they got rid of anon permanently outside of the health and relationship categories.

Of course, I'm not a big fan of passive aggressive people, and the hidden vote down/anon contribute to that.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 6:59 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Well when someone looks at your page, you do not know who it is. So why should you know who voted you up or down.
    Even if you knew it was me who voted you down, I would still do it.

Answer by louise2 at 7:08 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I know.. Then they voted down everyone who answered my question about why they did it.. SO this too will probably get vote downs..
    Amelia512

Answer by Amelia512 at 6:46 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Bet you like those anon abilities...
    Amelia512

Answer by Amelia512 at 6:48 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• The big deal is that people should take credit for what they say. I vote people down, but I"m willing to admit that I was the one that voted them down and I have a reason for doing it that I could explain. The point I was trying to make is that too many people hide behind the internet and their anonymous answers and votes down. I think maybe people would be nicer if they had to man up to what they are saying. I say people should feel free to disagree, but I should be able to confront the person if I want. And I wasn't even one of the people voted down, I just think it was sad that Amelia512 had to feel judge as soon as she joined.
    MamaSarah1104

Comment by MamaSarah1104 (original poster) at 6:50 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I understand what you are saying anno but don't ask the question if u know all the answer will not agree with you.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 6:50 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I wouldn't think twice about it. I think that if you give a vote either way you should have to give a short explanation as to why you voted that way.
    reigndrops12689

Answer by reigndrops12689 at 6:59 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• laughingThanks for the downvotes sweeties! You sure showed me!!!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:16 PM on Aug. 16, 2010