How can I stop my 2yr old from biting?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:37 PM on Oct. 7, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• No answer but Im staying tuned...

**picks scab off of last weeks bite mark** lol
    ELISOTO310

Answer by ELISOTO310 at 3:38 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• give 'em food.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 3:38 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• he doesn't understand no? Maybe if you believe in it... a spanking might work. Maybe not hard but enough to get his attention.
    momacowgirl

Answer by momacowgirl at 3:41 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• My almost three year old boy went through a biting stage earlier this year. I too was a little stumped because my two older boys never did this. But, what finally helped him to understand that it was very painful to the person he was biting was for me to bite him. Yes, a little capital punishment like, but I of course didn't do it hard enough to cause any blood or anything - but enough for him to feel it and cry and feel really sorry. And you don't do it out of anger at all. You do it in a calm, rational way - explaining that you are going to show him how badly it hurts.
    I hope this helps! Best wishes!
    maureen-3boys

Answer by maureen-3boys at 3:43 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Try rubbing a little lemon juice on their lips everytime they bite. I dont believe in spanking but the sour lemon taste shoud get their attention. My son used to bite and that is what another woman told me to do and it worked. Good Luck!
    RhondaJ

Answer by RhondaJ at 3:45 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I have heard to mix 1/2 vinegar and 1/2 water in a spray bottle and keep it hung on your hip.....when they bite....give a quick spray in their mouth.......tastes horrible....but safe to eat.......

I never tried this....I just bit my son back one time hard and he quit......but I thought I would pass on the info I had heard :)
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 3:49 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I am going through this right now at daycare. My son doesn't do it anywhere but. It seems that there are many changes at daycare right now and this is his way to maybe cope or express his anger, I am not sure. But I have said to him in his words, that "at daycare we no bite" and there is construction around the daycare, he loves to watch heavy equipment. So I will drive very slowly by the machinery in the morning and then I tell him that if he has a good day at daycare and "no bite" then we will stop and watch the bucket loader for awhile after work. I have done this for 3 days now and he hasnt even tried to bite a child, I guess maybe just rewarding the child with something they truly like helps.
    tallys

Answer by tallys at 11:04 AM on Oct. 8, 2008