If I cooked hamburger on thursday can I still use it?

It actually ground elk if that makes a difference. It came in two lb packages so I cooked it all but only used half. Its been in the fridge covered.

juicebox503

Asked by juicebox503 at 3:41 PM on Oct. 7, 2008 in Food & Drink

• If It's already cooked and it smells fine and has been in the fridge the whole time...I Would use it.
    jjessers

Answer by jjessers at 5:58 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• It's been in the fridge since Thursday? Hmm...I probably wouldn't eat it. That's a long time to just sit even if it is cooked. Maybe I'm wrong but...
    lifeofchaois

Answer by lifeofchaois at 3:48 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I don't think I would eat it either. I'm kinda paranoid about stuff like that anyways. I would say that you could smell it to see if it has any funky odor.
    rcbrown

Answer by rcbrown at 3:50 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I would not use it, but I am pretty cautious when it comes to meat. That seems like a long time even cooked. I probably would not use it after two or 3 days.
    RhondaJ

Answer by RhondaJ at 3:51 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• :P i would use it if it smelled fine... i would prob make my DH taste it to see if it tastes ok!!
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 4:54 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• If it's been in the fridge, I would use it. Cooked meat will keep several days. When we grill hamburgers, we always cook extras and I've used them for up to a week. Give it the sniff test, and if it smells okay, go ahead and use it.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 7:06 PM on Oct. 7, 2008