Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3 Bumps

My husband wants me to just move out! (military)

I am a military wife, just quit my job b/c we moved too far for the drive. He has been in the Navy for 8 1/2 years, we have been married for almost 8. We have 2 children together. He wants me to get a job and he will help me find a 1 bedroom or studio apt here in the town we live He just assumes he gets the house and the kids. Can he do this?? HELP!

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 7:12 PM on Aug. 16, 2010 in Relationships

Answers (21)
  • No he can't do that. Everything is 50/50.

    Answer by elly25 at 7:15 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

  • was this expected?? I'd tell him to get the aptment and you can keep the house and kids!!!

    Answer by skittles1108 at 7:15 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

  • No, he can not, it's your house and kids too. Maybe someone will have better advice for you. Good luck and sorry you are going through this.

    Answer by shanlaree at 7:15 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

  • are you separating? i'm not sure what you are asking. but as far as the house and stuff goes that is going to be settled in court along with the children's residence.

    Answer by angevil53 at 7:15 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

  • Why do you have to move out, are you having problems? I don't get it?

    Answer by dancinintherain at 7:16 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

  • are you guys going through a divorce? why would he want you to move out. if both of you guys name is on the least he cannot kick you out. if anything go to his chain of command and let them know whats going on, they will make him move into the barracks if you guys are divorcing or fighting

    Answer by 3xangel at 7:16 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

  • I've known families where 1 parent was in school over an hour away; she stayed in the dorms for the school week and came home to the family during off time. It worked for them. Does he give a reason for this? Do you need the $$ that badly?

    Answer by silversmom at 7:17 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

  • If you let him yes he can. Go to his boss. My DH was Army so I so not know what the Navy calls his 1st SGT. He/She can help you.

    Answer by louise2 at 7:19 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

  • Sorry let me clarify. We have had problems in the past and it never really got better. We have both decided it's time to move on... But he wants me to move out. And basically to bad if I don't want to type of thing... But he assumes that since he is in the military & has a steady paycheck, he can afford the house & the kids so I should be the one to leave. I can only make about $16 per hour max here & that's not gonna pay a $2,000 morgage plus the bills. I was asking if he can just tell me to leave?? I just dont know where to go from here. I dont even want to get a job now! I think he will try & force me to move if I do :(

    Answer by rverret9620 at 7:22 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

  • Another question.... Does anyone know how this works? I clearly can not afford the house. Will I be entitled to some sort of portion of his housing allowance? Since I have the kids? That is if I get custody? On top of child support? Thanks.

    Answer by rverret9620 at 7:23 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.