No cavities!

I got my teeth cleaned today, next time in February. I have no cavities, but I do have one crown that has to be replaced. All of my teeth are crowns, so it should be okay. I will have that crown replaced in October. Do you get your teeth cleaned every 6 months? Or do you only do it for the children? My children had dental exams at one year old forward. Neither of my children have any cavities. Yeah!

Joeygoat

Asked by Joeygoat at 7:14 PM on Aug. 16, 2010 in Health

• Well my husband is an accountant and he told me that the reason the A.D.A recommends cleaning twice a year now is b/c they want to increase their bottom line. So I go once a year.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 11:08 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• yup, get them cleaned every 6 months.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:17 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I am a retired CPA who loves to play with numbers. I have so much money in 'sunk cost' in my mouth I would be foolish not to take care of it. I have had one procedure that cost $65,000 for the first try, I have had to do the same surgery two more times and my dentist wants me to do it again, before I get too old. The surgery is replacing the Temporomandibular joint, also known as the TMJ joint, which is the joint below your ear that allows the lower jaw (mandibular) to go up and down. I am not a fan of spending gobs of money, but I am a fan of eating so I keep track of how often I have to have these joints replaced. Each time it gets done, I have to come up with a bunch of cash to cover the costs that the insurance will not cover. All of my teeth are crowns, because of a nasty accident. I take care of them like they are real teeth. I brush and floss several times a day.

Joeygoat

Comment by Joeygoat (original poster) at 12:04 AM on Aug. 17, 2010