School zones!

I had several doctors’ appointments today and our schools have been in session for about two weeks. I understand you have to drive slowly in school zones; I had to go through 4 different school zones, each way. Do school zones impact your daily drive, other than dropping off or picking up children?

Joeygoat

Asked by Joeygoat at 7:18 PM on Aug. 16, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I drove through two today and had some crazy woman was riding my bumper, trying to get around me. She's yappin on the phone, darts around me and flies on by giving me the death glare. Ironically the lights were on in the school zone and I was doing 20. She's flying down the road doing at least 40 ~ do you think she got a ticket?
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 8:33 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Yes, I try to remember how many school zones I have to pass through and leave early enough to accomodate the slower drive
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 7:19 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• only if i go on the street where the hs is. the other schools here aren't on roads i travel on daily
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 7:19 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Not really. I walk. The cross guard helps me get across in the afternoons and early morning hours. It's a mad house around my son's school.
    elly25

Answer by elly25 at 7:20 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Nope, the only one I go near is my kids elementary school.
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 7:20 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Yes, we live right across the street from a high school. About two years ago, I received 2 tickets within two months for going about 5 miles over the speed limit. Now, I drive very slowly in front of the school, even if school is out and the speed limit is raised during that time period.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 7:20 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• pretty much since I work at a school I am always going through one then to pick up my daughter before school gets out also
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 7:21 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I try to avoid school zones when I've got to get somewhere. Some of the ones around here are really bad, with cars backed up for a block or more, and you can get stuck for 10 or 15 minutes.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 7:22 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Probably not WoodWitch. Our school guards will bang on your car if you are going too fast. You don't know what you may have hit, it gets peoples attention.

Joeygoat

Comment by Joeygoat (original poster) at 8:55 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I have to remind myself of where the school zones are and try to avoid them if I am in a hurry.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 10:46 AM on Aug. 17, 2010