Dog sleeping with baby-someone called social services on us!!

Is it so wrong? We have a house trained golden retriever- 5 years old- and a 14 month old baby. Someone called social cervices on us because I let my baby play with the dog. It's not like I'm not watching. But like we're all in the garden and the baby crowls around and plays with the dog when I'm 10 feet away tops. Baby sleeps in crip with dog in the same room on the floor and I'm across the hall with open doors.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:33 PM on Aug. 16, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Personally, I wouldn't let the dog near my baby if I wan't holding my baby but I wouldn't call social services on someone who does it.
    pipermomofash

Answer by pipermomofash at 7:34 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• You were reported for that? I hope whoever reported you had a big misunderstanding of something.
    silversmom

Answer by silversmom at 7:34 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• And this is why parents are afraid to discipline their children.
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 7:35 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• – collapse
    if the dog wasn't in the crib, nothing wrong with that! but what is a 14 month baby doing in a crib anyways. 1 yr old and crib goes!
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 7:37 PM on Aug. 16, 2010 (hidden) + expand

• The baby and the dog in the garden? That sounds really normal to me, as long as you're right close by. And the dog is on the floor, not in the crib, so I'm not sure what the problem is with that. I suspect that they'll investigate and find nothing wrong, if it's as you describe.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 7:37 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• That is b/s.
    elly25

Answer by elly25 at 7:38 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• @colethky.....what the hell does discipline have to do with kids playing with dogs???

oh dear god, why are people so damn scared of dogs?? Especially a golden retriever for crying out loud. Yes, they are a dog, but they're a gentle, tolerant dog. In all honesty, the people probably have NO life and couldn't find anything better to do that day.

Boy, let them come to my house. They'd probably call 911 after they see my 2 year old doing giddyup on ONE of my 85 pound black pitbulls!! Ha!!
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 7:38 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• People SUCK!!!! You did nothing wrong.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 7:38 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• @r00j04j08.....I just LOVE how people have to throw out their personal opinions on how someone else should raise their child....Mind you own damn business on where her kid sleeps!!! You're as bad as the person who called CPS! Get a life and worry about being a mom to your own kids. geez
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 7:39 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• wow I guess then both my kids should have been taken away!! Our yellow lab slept in on the floor when both my kids were babies... I think he felt like he was protecting them - but he never acted overly so. It was so sweet!! They both crawled all over him and he just layed there an took it. We also watched him to make sure the kids weren't pulling his tail or anything. Sounds like you've run acoss some bitter fool with to much time on their hands!!

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 7:40 PM on Aug. 16, 2010