What is your child scared of?

How old is your child, and what absolutely terrifies them?

Mine is 3, and she is VERY scared of fire alarms, or fire trucks, police sirens! She is also very scared of very dark skinned men...I don't know why, but she is.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:51 PM on Aug. 16, 2010 in General Parenting

• I can't think of anything. My boys are 11,4 and 2 and I just can't think of anything. Wait... my oldest is scared of spiders.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 7:54 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• My older daughter is scared of needles (shots), tweezers (removing splinters), getting eye or nose drops. She's 9 and she still acts like a total crazy-a$$ whenever any of these things have to be done. I literally have to pin her on the floor like I'm wrestling her to do anything with her. Afterwards, she's always embarrassed about it, but she can't seem to control herself at the time, no matter how calm I stay or how many treats she's promised if she'll cooperate.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 7:54 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• My son is 9,he's afraid of dogs

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:56 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• 3; thunderstorms
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 8:02 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• My son is 3 and he's afraid of loud noises or loud, boisterous people. He's also afraid of the dark.

My daughter is only 10 months so it's hard to know what she's afraid of right now. Usually just anyone she doesn't know.
    jacksmom3707

Answer by jacksmom3707 at 8:03 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• my 7 yr old is afraid of shots and the paddle. right now the 5 month old does not like to be thrown in the air at all. she screams. i have heard of kids not liking the sirens cause their ears are so sensitive.
    puresouthern

Answer by puresouthern at 9:27 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• My oldest is 4, and loud noises bother him, but I don't really know about fears...
    My 3yo is beyond fearless!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:06 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• my son nothing! My 4 year old - spiders, my 3 year old- anything that even resembles a bug (including flys) and the baby is scared of the vacuum!spider

JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 10:04 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• She is afraid of me leaving her sight! She is 20 months old.
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 10:36 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• My daughter is 8, almost 9, and she is scared of me "leaving" (dying). And who will take care of her.
    JessieK79

Answer by JessieK79 at 11:00 AM on Aug. 17, 2010