"1 yr old and crib goes"????

I saw this in another question... one lady was scolding another for having her 14 month old still in a crib. Is that nuts or what??? When did you move your kids into a bed???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:55 PM on Aug. 16, 2010 in General Parenting

• My oldest was just turned 2 when he moved out of his crib, my second was 26 months, and my youngest was 3. I'd have left my oldest longer, but he's spent the weekend at my mom and dad's sleeping on a bed, so he wanted nothing to do with the crib when he got home - he kept climbing out, so we ended up having him sleep on the floor for a bit until we could get a bed for him. With my middle son, my sisters bought the boys a bunk bed for Christmas so he moved then. And my youngest was in no hurry to move. He wasn't fighting the crib, he was happy there and still fit so why rush him?

If people want to move their kids sooner, that's fine, but no need to bash those of us who don't. (Going back to the poster in the other thread)
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 8:48 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• WOW! My DD went to a bed at 18 months b/c she was ready, my DS was almost 3 and I wish he was still there sometimes!!! I guess I am a crappy parent!!! LOL Some people are just so judgemental!!

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 8:03 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• My one year old is perfectly content in his crib. He still fits so Im not taking him out. That lady is crazy!
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 8:07 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Both of my children were well over the age of 2. I'd always heard that there was really no need to move them from the crib until they had either outgrown it or could start climbing out of it. I left them in there til they were really just a little too big for it because I always felt very secure knowing they weren't up wandering around in the middle of the night. It just seems safer, as long as they're not jumping out of it.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 7:58 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• !st one at 2 and 1/2, @nd one 15 months, 1st grandkid at 2 2nd gransdkid..at 3 and he was fighting it hard. All kids are different.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 7:58 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• OMG! Don't Bash me then! MY DS is 3 1/2 and still in his crib. He LOVES his Crib! He has never even tried to climb out. I actually have to wake him from his naps because he's so cozy. I am in the process of getting a single bed for him but right now he's fine. I have never mentioned this because I hear a lot of bashing on this subject. There's a saying for people who think they know everything and tell others they are wrong, "Experts of all & Master of None"!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 8:08 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Yea, that was SILLY. MY kids were 2.5 y/o, 3 y/o, 18 months, 3.5 y/o and 18 months when the "crib went."
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 7:58 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• That is INSANE! My kids were in the crib until around two. I saw that answer and lol'd HARD! Ridiculous!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 7:59 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Nuts for scolding another for their choice of parenting? Or nuts that a 14 mo old is still in a crib? There's way too much scolding here for differences in parenting choices that have NOTHING to do w/ safety but are mearly personal choice. My dd's 15 mo & had her crib not been on the recall list (the bottom buckled folding the kids like a taco) she would still be in it! Personally I'm pissed that I spent $400 on a crib that was convertible & supposed to last her till she went to college. Now she's her toddler mattress on the floor w/ a bedrail to contain her a little. We have a daybed she'll be moving into later so why buy another bed? I MISS HER CRIB!!!! It was so nice to have some where I could confine her & know she was safe & couldn't get into trouble.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 8:00 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• My son was in a toddler bed at 15 months because we were pregnant again and couldn't afford a second crib. But my daughter was in her own bed before the age of two because she wanted to be like her big brother.
    Proudmumof2

Answer by Proudmumof2 at 8:15 PM on Aug. 16, 2010