What happens to stray animals if county-run shelters close?

The Mendocino County Animal Shelter has closed. The Fort Bragg city council are analyzing options to re-open as a city-run or nonprofit coast regional shelter operation.

Is this happening in your part of the country?

tasches

Asked by tasches at 7:56 PM on Aug. 16, 2010 in Pets

• Most animals in a shelter will be euthanized. It is very sad, I know. Sometimes if they have been in one location too long they will be transported to a different branch or location. You do have to realize there are so many starving and mistreated animals out there that sometimes euthanasia is the best option. When you really sit down and think about things it puts a lot into perspective. PLEASE HAVE YOU ANIMALS SPAYED OR NUETERED! Instead of going to a breeder to buy a new dog or cat or whatever check with shelters first. These are a few ways we can all do our part. All of my animals are rescue animals and it makes me feel good knowing that I am making a small contribution to society and making a difference in a animals life.

Conley639

Answer by Conley639 at 3:37 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• One of ours closed and I'm glad that one did since they killed the animals if they were there for too long. The other one is still open though.
    jojolicious220

Answer by jojolicious220 at 7:59 PM on Aug. 16, 2010