I have an IUD and i already had my period for the month but i recently started to bleed again. is this normal?

i started to bleed again after i already had my period for the month but it doesnt look like my usual period blood(i dont mean to sound gross or anything but im freaking out)....

Asked by Anonymous at 2:34 AM on Jun. 30, 2008 in Health

• I think this is normal for almost all birthcontrol besides a condom.

Answer by mzprincessreina at 2:56 AM on Jun. 30, 2008

• my honest opinion get that Funky thing out! its a forien object and its not great for your body. some peoples bodies do not like them and your one of them, I would never ever get anything like that in my body at all. good luck with that. your doc. is stupid they probably put it on wrong.

Answer by dichevygurl87 at 3:46 AM on Jun. 30, 2008

• I have found out that all things are normal with a woman's period. Are you near menopause? I knew a woman that was heavy and still having her periods. She didn't even know she was pregnant until she felt movement. Therefore, she gave birth to my husband. Grammie Barb

Answer by Anonymous at 4:35 AM on Jun. 30, 2008

• Have you had the IUD for a long time or is it still pretty new? If it's still pretty new, it's normal to have spotting and bleeding at odd times for the first 6 mo. I know I did. I have the Mirena IUD and never got any periods (between breastfeeding and the IUD), but spotted all the time with no warning. Otherwise I would have it checked out, if you've had it for a while and had normal periods without any inbetween bleeding.

Answer by xraydri at 11:32 AM on Jun. 30, 2008