How long should swelling last before I should be concerned?

I'm 36 weeks pregnant and my feet and ankles have been EXTREMELY swollen for the past two days. How long should I let it go before I contact my OB? I've tried elevating my feet and getting off them, but the swelling won't go down.

Lastpieceofclay

Asked by Lastpieceofclay at 8:07 PM on Aug. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Unfortunately, that's par for the course late in pregnancy and when it's hot. Make sure you're drinking tons of water. If your blood pressure has been normal throughout your pregnancy and in general you feel fine (no extreme fatigue or dizziness), I would say you could probably wait until your next appointment. If you're that concerned, call your OB, but I'm sure they'll tell you to do everything you're already doing.
    Journey311

Answer by Journey311 at 8:12 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Yep Your at the end it probebly won't go down till after the baby....But just the same I heard eating watermelon or pineapples can help to draw out the swelling.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 8:13 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• at the end of my pregnancy I felt like I had dinosare feet. just keep them up as much as you can and make sure you are getting lost of water.
    twinsnseptember

Answer by twinsnseptember at 8:16 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• If the swelling dosnt go down with your feet up after a few hours or after you slept, CALL the OB!!
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 9:03 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Be sure to keep any eye on your blood pressure. If it goes up, call the OB right away.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 11:44 PM on Aug. 16, 2010