When did you first?

Feel your baby move?

I'm 15 wks pregnant with our 4th baby, and the past wk or so I have felt fluttery ripplely movements! It really does feell like our baby, but my friend Elisa is a midwifery student and says it is far too early!

So am thinking its just in my head. When did you feel baby move? How far along and was it your first ?

little.knickers

Asked by little.knickers at 8:07 PM on Aug. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Around 20 weeks with my first but I swear the next 2 I felt them much earlier. I think it's because I knew what to feel.
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 8:09 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• With my #4, I was having an ultrasound at 13 weeks. As I saw the baby move on the screen, I felt it inside me. If it wasn't for the ultrasound, I would have never known what I was feeling was the baby moving. You can for sure feel baby moving at or before 15 weeks...especially if it's #4
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 8:09 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• The more children you have the sooner they say your able to feel the baby....Most new moms dont start till 18 weeks because they pass off other things ass gas that a previous mom knows is not gas. I felt my second child flutter right around 14 or 15 weeks. Enjoy what your feeling don't doubt yourself....you know what you felt.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 8:11 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I felt my daughter by no more than 17 or 18 weeks. She's the only one I have. No one can tell you that you're not feeling your baby, unless you are only like 1 week along or something. And ditto what Finkette said about being able to feel them sooner the more you have. I don't know from experience yet, but everyone I know that has more than one said it was true. My SIL has 4 and she said she started showing and feeling each of them sooner than the one before.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 8:14 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• WELL IM 15 WEEKS AND I HAVENT FELT ANY MOVEMENTS YET BUT IT COLD BE UR BABY MOVIN..EVERYONES BODY IS DIFFERENT...
    JENNIFER_007

Answer by JENNIFER_007 at 8:33 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• For me it was almost 17 weeks or in the beginning of 18 I have had so many kids so it is hard to remember. This pregnancy it was 17 weeks. I was waiting.
    newathis918

Answer by newathis918 at 8:45 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I didn't feel my first baby move until about 18 weeks, but it was earlier with the next two. I don't think you are imagining it!
    jjamom

Answer by jjamom at 8:50 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• With a 4th child your uterus is way different muscle tone wise than with your first. You probably do feel fluttery there, but it's not the baby, but your muscles in the uterus and tummy
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 9:02 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I was about 4 1/ months pregnant with my son
    noahsmommy12908

Answer by noahsmommy12908 at 10:07 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• i felt mine move at 12 weeks, thought it was n my head but i was at the u/s n baby was very active n tech said i prob do feel it move so it confirmed what i thought....def felt the flutters...im 17 weeks now n feelin more pronounce movements
    LilStacy

Answer by LilStacy at 11:14 PM on Aug. 16, 2010