I want to practice NFP again, how do I discuss this with hubby?

We did it the whole 1st year of our relationship and it worked well. We only got pregnant when we were in the spur of the moment and didn't check the calendar. Now that we've had 2 kids, I want to do it again but he doesn't think it's reliable birth control anymore. Please ladies, give me some tips, facts, stats, websites, etc that will help me make my plea to him.

keisha613

Asked by keisha613 at 8:26 PM on Aug. 16, 2010 in Health

• Possibly because "actual BC" are artificial hormones and can be dangerous. Check out the groups for NFP.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 8:33 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• obviously it doesn't work if you got pregnant on it twice...
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 8:27 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I just googled NFP and it sounds like a serious Pain in the a$$! It sounds like it takes all the fun out of it and you can't be spontaneous. Go with the paraguard IUD, no hormones.
    JGRIMMER

Answer by JGRIMMER at 8:36 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I think it is best to go with an actual birth control, that is better. If you don't want to go get an IUD or something crazy then just do the pill. That way you don't have to worry about an unplanned pregnancy.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 8:30 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Didn't get pregnant on it twice...only time got pregnant on it was when we were paying attention and it ended in miscarriage. the 2 kids we have were planned. Partly because we were so hurt/disappointed behind the miscarriage.
    keisha613

Comment by keisha613 (original poster) at 8:39 PM on Aug. 16, 2010