Ever been in a fight? Like a full on fist fight?

Just curious;) I've always wondered what it's like to just duke it out rather than put up with the endless catty games. When someone is just in your face, being disrespectful..... Just punch em;) I can't imagine. I am always trying to handle things as respectfully as possible. Endlessly, smiling and nodding. Saying I'm sorry you feel this way, but..... And tip toeing around feelings. Can't we just lay it all out. Maybe yell. And then let the fists fly?

Ok not all the time, but just once would be fun. Especially the next lady that screams at me in front of my children unprovoked. I'll put her in a wrestling hold and give her her pills. hehehe Have any of you actually taken care of a situation "cave man style"? Do you regret it? How'd it feel? Would you do it again?

thelowlander

Asked by thelowlander at 8:28 PM on Aug. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• i have been in alot of fist fights (with women as well as men). it was back when i was drinking and i must say that i didn't provoke any of them. i also say that i won too lol. but that is why i stopped drinking. don't want to act like that now that i have kids. i want to set a good example for them. but then again there are some situations that words can't take care of. i tell my kids that if someone starts hitting them and trying to beat them up they better fight back!
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:47 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I've never been in any of the situations that you've described... and I would never want to. I have more self-respect for myself and my family than to behave like that.
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 8:29 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• No. I've never seen the advantage in it. I can't figure how it would better my life.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:31 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I did when I was 10. lol Keep in mind this was 29 years ago and rules for fighting and bullying in school were a lot different than they are now. Anyway, I was the new girl in school and all the girls were mean to me, especially one girl, Allison, who was relentless. So one day after school in the playground she pushed me for the last time and I wailed into her. My mom was pulling up to pick me up and saw it all, had to come break us up. Needless to say, she got in huge trouble for starting it and I was never picked on again. In fact to this day I am good friends with all of the girls that were mean, except for Allison, she moved away the next year. Wonder if she was picked on for being the new girl? lol
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 8:52 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I've been mad enough to do it,but alas,it all ended before we got to fisticuffs! lol

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:30 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Only in middle school, when I was 12. My ex best friend and I had a full on fist fight. She punched me square in the nose. Blood started gushing. I jumped on her and gave her a very nasty black eye. The next day at school there was no mistaken we weren't friends anymore. LOL None in my adult life.

mommom2000

Answer by mommom2000 at 8:31 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Yes as a teenager. It makes you feel so much better lol but yeah I had to go to anger managment. Its really embarrassing now. I'm not proud of it but to aswer your question I've been in plenty. It did help alot back then.
    pinkebabii

Answer by pinkebabii at 8:32 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• yes, and it wasn't pretty. not my best hour and i wish i knew then what i know now
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 8:33 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• My freshman year in high school, this girl pulled me down by my pony tail and sat on me. She started slapping at me. I was like get your fat ass off me. We had been having words over something stupid. She started the entire thing. I thought it was over, guess not. She ran off. The next day she claimed to have "blacked out", said sorry that she didn't remember doing it.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 8:36 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Out of that respect I haven't done so. But I live in an area where there's alot of cult like mentality. They're constantly trying to involve them selves in another person's life. And it's always with that calm, sticky sweet behavior. Just makes my stomach turn. It would bring nothing good, but maybe it's just nature that if you "pin" me in a corner it's fight or flight. And I guess my instinct is fight.
    thelowlander

Comment by thelowlander (original poster) at 8:41 PM on Aug. 16, 2010