If You Drive A Sports Car Like A Camero Does That Make You A Dangerous Parent?

I drive a camero so I wanted to know if that makes me a dangerous and unsafe parent? Am I putting my child in danger?

cutekt796

Asked by cutekt796 at 8:30 PM on Aug. 16, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• I don't think it so much depends on what kind of care you drive as how you drive it. If you drive it like a race car when your kids are in it with you, then that might not be so good.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 8:31 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• If you're doing 100 MPH with the kid in the back,then yes. If you're doing a respectful speed,then no.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:31 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• no..not at all
    Butterflymom101

Answer by Butterflymom101 at 8:31 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• No, not as long as you practice safety with seatbelts and such. My SO drives a V8 Ford Mustang and he is a very safe and wonderful parent. :)
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 8:32 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Lol- this is ridiculous. It doesn't matter what kind of car you drive, it matters HOW you drive. Do you put your child at risk by driving recklessly? Truth be told, speed is only one factor in dangerous driving.
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 8:32 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• No but what a PITA getting your kids in and out of the back seat. You must be younger than me - my back can't take that. :P
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 8:32 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I drive a Monte Carlo SS Pace Car... My boys LOVE it. The two doors can be a PITA but I've worked around it. If you have a new Camaro I would not say your are a bad parent... you are a LUCKY one!
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 8:36 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• no, and i am jealous bc i had to trade in my mustang when baby #1 came along. with the carrier in the back nobody could sit in the passenger seat lmao.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:38 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Nope,
    Your Good
    You Might be crazy but hey it least you drive something better than what I drive.
    newathis918

Answer by newathis918 at 8:38 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Silly question. It is HOW you drive, now what you drive.

( If you speed and feel like a teenager in your Camaro, I would be worried. It IS a young guy's car and they DO speed and drive aggressively)

Just be cautious, follow the rules of the road and you will be just fine.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 8:39 PM on Aug. 16, 2010