Anyone own a Subaru Outback?

What are your thoughts? Do you enjoy it? Is the gas mileage good? I'm thinking about one of the older ones.

thelowlander

Asked by thelowlander at 8:35 PM on Aug. 16, 2010 in Travel

• My mechanic BF says do not buy a Subaru. For the money, the best bet is a Toyota.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 12:22 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Ok, I don't have one, but I rented one while my car was in the shop and I LOVED it. Absolutly loved it. The gas mileage was good, the room in the back was great. I LOVED it. I wanted one sooo bad when I got my new car, but my dh HAD to have one with 4 wheel drive. So, I ended up with a Jeep Liberty. If it would've been up to me, I might have chosen the Subaru.
    sometimesitis

Answer by sometimesitis at 8:49 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I have one! It's an older one. It has no problems, runs like new! The room in the back is great, you just pike everything in lol. Oh and the best unexpected part, I can change my baby's diaper in the hatch area lol. I just open up the top and lay her down! Its so much easier than changing a baby in a resturant. I don't have a single problem with mine, the mpg is good, has over 160,000 miles on it.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 8:56 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• no sorry but hope u get ur answers
    san78

Answer by san78 at 7:39 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• no i dont have one.gl
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 11:00 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• We own a Forester and have had it for 10 years now and no problems what so ever.

Here is some information with Consumer Report - Subaru Outback 

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 5:36 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• THank you all.. I talked to our Mechanic. He says if we buy one new, they are GREAT and run perfect for a Long time. But he advised us not to buy used (130,000+ miles) They don't hold up as well as a toyota. Thanks for the input everyone;)
    thelowlander

Comment by thelowlander (original poster) at 8:09 PM on Sep. 7, 2010