where would be a good place for a birthday party for a 1 yr old

my dds birthday is in nov. i dont have a big house or a lot of room to sit. my family is complicated about things like this.. we live in a fairly small town and i have already been informed that if i have her b-day out of town in a bigger city where all the kiddos can have fun that no one would show up.. just wanting some ideas thanks.. oh and the mc dees in my town does not have a play place in it either

shortstuff69

Asked by shortstuff69 at 8:37 PM on Aug. 16, 2010 in Entertainment

• is there a park you can go too? Thats what we did for my DD's first birthday
    kanakake

Answer by kanakake at 8:39 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I'd have the grandparents over on her b-day for a small get together and in summer have a cookout or something. The baby won't remember any of it anyway,its more for the adults.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:40 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Gymboree. There will be plenty of room for the kids to play, and it's appropriate for kids of varying ages from infants and up. Plus Gymboree staff can assist you with helping put it together and clean up after the party. As well as it's indoors so weather isn't really an issue.
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 8:40 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• the rule is for every year old they are have one kid...otherwise, they get too overwhelmed. My daughters first birthday was at home with immediate family...she will want a nap a lot sooner than later with so much going on. It's best in my opinion not to overwhelm them. Just make it special for you guys with a pretty cake and some pics and call it a day :)
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 8:41 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Don't waste your money. Have a party at your house. I think the 1st and 2nd birthday parties are more for the parents. When the kids turn 3 and up, then they start to realize what birthdays are all about.
    JGRIMMER

Answer by JGRIMMER at 8:41 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• We had a few birthdays at Ryan's. They had a room and everyone bought their own dinner, We ate, talked, opened presents, and ate cake. Peple came and went as they seemed fit.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 8:41 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• just remember...it's not for the other kiddos...it's a special memory for you and your baby :)
    calliesmommie

• For my son's 1st birthday we rented a hospitality suite at a hotel. DH works for that particular hotel chain, and they have suites which are furnished with everything but the bed. It worked out great because we had a little wet bar to get things prepared and there was a bathroom so I could dump DS in the tub to get all the cake off of him before going home.
    Journey311

Answer by Journey311 at 8:43 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• My son's 1st b-day.. I had mostly family.. I planned a "walker race" with my son and my friends & family's kids who were around the same age. .. that was fun for photo ops. I ordered lots of pizza and made lots of appetizers and had the bar fully stocked. We had fun! My 1 year old son? Other than the cute photo ops.. as I recall... he napped alot.
    FeelinYummy

Answer by FeelinYummy at 9:04 PM on Aug. 16, 2010