bedtime issues

I have a 3 year old and a 6 year old...I have to lay with each of them to get them to sleep...I do the whole routine, bath, books, bed. any other suggestions? It's driving me crazy, I have no time to myself!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:53 PM on Aug. 16, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• You have to be firm. Tell them that the sun has gone to bed and that means it is bed time for them too. When they ask "Arn't you coming to bed too" tell them NO, mommy has to finish cleaning up.

Give them hugs, kisses and wish them sweet dreams.
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 8:55 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Start the little routine earlier. I don't go in there, but if you need to, that's all I have to suggest.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 9:20 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• http://www.supernanny.com/Advice/-/Supernanny-techniques/-/Routine-and-teamwork/Bedtime-routine.aspx This worked for us.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:19 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• After falling asleep a few times on my son's floor (ouch!) I said that's it! I told him that Mommy is going to go sleep in her bed and he needed to sleep in his bed. The first night was a little rough but he eventually fell asleep. They always do...
    bianchi01

Answer by bianchi01 at 3:06 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Tell them that you are laying down with them for five minutes and then you will have to leave to do your activities. Follow through. Do not give into them.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 5:09 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• you have to be firm
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 12:44 PM on Sep. 17, 2010