how do you keept he sun out of your little ones face when in a car rearfacing??

I can't seem to make it work, have tries the shades that suction to the windows but still not working.

staciaw

Asked by staciaw at 8:55 PM on Aug. 16, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• put the sunshade up and drape a blanket on the sunny side of the carseat

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:57 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• i actually found a cute pair of shades for my dd at kmart..they are for infants and have a strap attatched so i dont have to worry about them falling off! The window shade things didnt work for me either..my next step is 5% tint all over my vehicle which is pretty awesome!
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 8:57 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• on infant seats you should have a canopy that is part of the seat that you can pull down. Also drape a blanket over but make sure baby can get enough air.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 8:59 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Suction cups SUC. :-) I always found the peel and stick ones to work better- or I glued mine onto plastic clips that actually hooked over the glass to keep them in place. Blankets can get you a ticket, as they block your line of sight... and technically you are not supposed to have anything draped over and above your baby in case of an accident.
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 8:59 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Try a hat with visor..
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 9:01 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• In Alabama we have darker window tint then normal, just to keep the car cooler. Before we moved here, we lived in Ohio and the sun that would bounce off the snow would shine in the windows. I put a light blanket over the car seat to block the light. My son has very light blue eyes and he had a habit that if I was holding him in my arms and we walked outside from a store to the car, he would bury his face into my shoulder to keep the sun out of his eyes. I tried hats, sunglasses, but him putting his head down worked for him and I like the little extra nuzzle I got. I hope you find something that works.

Joeygoat

Answer by Joeygoat at 9:02 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• he is in a convertable carseat so no canopy. I tried the sun glasses with the strap but he hates them. =(
    staciaw

Comment by staciaw (original poster) at 9:08 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• this method will work .

This won't block vision, don't need suction cups, and will not drop on the baby.

Roll down the window a bit, or more, just so you can place a sunscreen into the pane and then roll it up to tighten up into the window socket.

Here's the shade>>>>>> It's clear tinted, you buy this plastic when you go to wrap over a picnic table , their clear, they go ontop of real cloth type of tablecloths. So you just use this plastic it's thick. Just to tint it, get some good packing tape for boxes, and tape in between a layer of sheer curtain in a white or off white, very very sheer. A sheer curtain alone will always come out of the window, if used by itself, but the plastic table cover cut to size will snug into the window. / slot. Use the packing tape to go over the edges of windows , (the borders) Keep the window shut though. Like a child-proof side. Keep your. a.c. charged all the time
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 9:45 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• just leave enough edge to go over the window top, but the rest cut to size.
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 9:48 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• i wish u luck wth this we used the sunshades and they worked fine for us
    regian19832002

Answer by regian19832002 at 12:39 AM on Aug. 17, 2010