If my hair is dry does that mean I might be having a girl?

I've heard that if your hair is really dry during pregnancy then your having a lil girl. I'm just wondering if thats true or not.

Ashley1872

Asked by Ashley1872 at 8:56 PM on Aug. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Sounds like another old wives tale. I've never heard that one before though.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 8:56 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• No clue.

What kinds of food are you craving?

With my son, I craved pizza, wings and hot dogs....totally boy food.
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 8:57 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• no, never heard that and it's not been true for me. with my girl i had my easiest pregnancy. my boys took me through hell and back lol
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:58 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Wives tale. Mine was greasy as all get out with both kids, had a girl the first one a boy the second. Only way to tell for sure is an ultrasound or amino fluid test. Just pray for healthy and be happy no matter which you get.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 8:59 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• You have a 50-50 shot, regardless of how dry your hair is.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:00 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Sounds like you need a deep conditioning treatment. Sorry, but this doesn't mean much. I wish it were that easy to tell though.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 9:01 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I do not know if it's true lol but i can tell you this my 20 year old daughter is expecting her first child dec. 25th ( our first grandchild) and she can oil her hair tonight and when she wakes up in the morning her hair is dry.. she is having a girl it was confirmed on july 21.
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 9:01 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• If your baby has a "who-ha" your having a girl... if you get a positive "turtle" sign on the US then it's a boy!!!
    Really, the only way to tell is thru amnio, US or birth... everything else is just an old wives tale!!

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 9:01 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I think that's an old wives tale.
    reigndrops12689

Answer by reigndrops12689 at 9:34 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• i can only personally vouch for "boys carrying really high and girls being really low". This is how it was for me- but i have heard people say the reverse as being what is "correct". find out at 20 weeks if you want- or wait until baby comes out (so much more FUN!!)
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 10:26 PM on Aug. 16, 2010