How do you forgive

how can I forgive a young man for almost killing my child. this passed week my daughter was grazed by a bullet. The young man is still free cops clam the waiting for prints to come back going crazy here

lilmama29113

Asked by lilmama29113 at 9:01 PM on Aug. 16, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• You just have to do it. Realize that if you don't forgive it hurts you because you live with bitterness and God can't do as much good stuff in your life then. I know its hard. GL
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 9:03 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Why should you forgive him yet?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:03 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• i'm sorry to hear that about your daughter. i hope that she is ok. i don't have any advice for you.... just wanted to give you my support
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:03 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• What happened??
    JGRIMMER

Answer by JGRIMMER at 9:03 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• You know, if it were me, I wouldn't forgive him.  IMO he doesn't deserve my forgiveness.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 9:03 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• That's carzy. I'm sorry. You know you just have to think, that child may have never had anyone to raise him to show him whats wrong, and for that he gonna learn the hard. Leave it in the universes arms and try to move on by being there for your daughter, I'm sure justice will prevail.
    inezmm2000

Answer by inezmm2000 at 9:04 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Forgivness takes time. Just know that he has to answer to a high being. Don't try and force it, just leave your heart and spirit open to the Lord and he will lead you to the path of forgiveness

I am assuming that your daughter was not the intended victim but just in the wrong place at the wrong time.
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 9:06 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• my daughter was on the porch playing he started shooting and the bullets flew on my porch he stays with his mom across the street she is a good person

lilmama29113

Comment by lilmama29113 (original poster) at 9:10 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I am sorry this happened to you and your child. I am sure you are very scared. I had to learn to forgive after my daughter was the victim of a date rape. She got pregnant and we put the child up for adoption. I had to show that I could forgive so my daughter could learn to forgive. I wanted to kill that man for doing this to my child. But, I had to think long term and dig into my Faith to understand that I could hate what the man did and not hate the man. He is still walking free today because he took a flight to Israel the night before he was to be sentenced. The United States has revoked his passport, so he won't be coming back any time soon. I think you have to reach deep into your heart and thank G-d that your child survived, as I had to do. This man could have killed my daughter and that bullet could have done far more damage. G-d Bless.

Joeygoat

Answer by Joeygoat at 9:11 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Sweetheart, FIRST let me say that I am SO SORRY this happened to your baby!! I pray for God to send His angels to guard and protect your family from now on!! Let me tell you THIS--FORGIVENESS is THE ABSOLUTE HARDEST thing for me to do as a Christian-- it is CLOSE to impossible for me! In the natural, I HOLD GRUDGES and remember things people have done to hurt me in detail, YEARS later. BUT it is REQUIRED of ME as a Christian to forgive!! GOD KNOWS how this goes against our "Eye for an Eye" nature,BUT because i strive to please God and HE FORGIVES US even when WE do not deserve it, I pray for Him to give me the heart of Jesus so that it will make it possible for even ol' grudge-bearing ME to forgive. You will NEVER forget this but i pray that for you to heal, in time, you will be able to forgive.
    Aprilmorgans

Answer by Aprilmorgans at 9:18 PM on Aug. 16, 2010