going to the gym...?

If you had a gym membership prior to pregnancy, do you still go?
What workouts do you do?

ToriBabe1221

Asked by ToriBabe1221 at 9:09 PM on Aug. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• You can walk on the treadmill and my gym offers pregnancy yoga classes.
    koyanddagansmom

Answer by koyanddagansmom at 10:19 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• You can maintain the same level of exercise you were doing before. You wouldn't want to be lifting serious weights but you can still strength train and do cardio as you did before. Things to keep in mind: you'll need much more water, at least your weight in ounces a day. Your body is now making a hormone called relaxin, this relaxes all your tendons and ligaments and muscles so it's easier to get hurt and over stretch; be very gentle when stretching and no bouncing, be absolutely positive you are doing the weight machines correctly (ask a trainer) so that you don't get hurt. You can drop the weight a little if it would make you feel better and to ensure you don't get hurt. Keep your body lined up, move deliberately and slow ish. Good for you for being physically active before and during! The more physically active you are while pregnant the easier labor will be. :D
    Cassarah

Answer by Cassarah at 10:32 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I got a gym membership early in my pregnancy thinking I would go throughout the whole pregnancy. I wanted to be the cute pretty lady going to the gym everyday. Turns out I didn't go ONCE past that 1st month. Now I've had the baby and she is 2 months old and I just canceled the membership last week. That was the biggest waste of money ever. I truly had every intention of going, it seemed life got in the way instead. Good luck to you.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 11:48 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• yes! The gym is free to us military families, and it is not smart to become less healthy while pregnant!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 12:51 PM on Aug. 17, 2010