Home-schooling Mamas, what caused you to decide to do it?

My child just had a terrible first day of school. I'm already thinking about home-schooling. I don't want him to have to put up with a lot of the school's crap. How hard is it to home-school? I have a toddler at home that demands a lot of my attention and there is talk of ttc another one soon. Do you find that your child has a social life? Mine doesn't because he's always been at home with me, I'm SAHM

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:18 PM on Aug. 16, 2010 in General Parenting

• You can put your child in activities. Soccer, gymnastics, dance that is how a lot of children around here get "socalized"
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 9:22 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• its good that your child had a bad first day at school. it will prepare him for one day possibly having a bad first day at work, and teach him skills on how to deal with it. school will get better, everyday wont be bad. socializing is one of the many positives of public school.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 9:23 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Teaching him to deal with a bad first day at school also teaching him coping skills--something many kids lack.

If you want to homeschool, fine. I'm not a homeschool fan myself, but I have friends that do it. One of my best friends homeschools because her son is extremely bright but extremely ADHD and she doesn't not want to medicate him. So, if you do it, do it because you have a reason such as-- religion, values your child is not getting his academic needs met--, not because of a bad day.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:28 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• When my son came home in 1st grade (second week of school) explaining to me in full detail what french kissing is, and other things. *all done* he's too young.
    thelowlander

Answer by thelowlander at 10:02 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Oh my , thelowlander I would have freaked!! Wow
    blessedmama4

Answer by blessedmama4 at 10:59 PM on Aug. 18, 2010