online kids games

My daughter and son ages 9 and 6 love to play on the computer. They have been getting bored with some of the sites they have been playing. Do any of you moms know where they can play games with other kids or chat with other kids safely without me having to worry if they click on something is a porn site or something like is going to come up? I have tried club penguin and you have to pay for the clothes that the peguins wear...and you know kids...they want their penguins to look cute....

branmomma32

Asked by branmomma32 at 9:26 PM on Aug. 16, 2010 in General Parenting

• my son does club penguin- you do have to pay for some features but not all of them. I have my mom get him club penguin gift cards for special occasions, that way he can play but I don't have to pay for it.
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 10:17 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• My daughter likes Webkinz....but you do have to purchase a webkinz pet, they have a code with them that allows you to play with the chosen pet online as a virtual pet. They have games that you play and other things to do to earn kinzcash which can be used to purchase online food, clothing and other items for your pet. They have a chat area also. It's a pretty neat site and totally safe...you might want to check it out.
    meriana

Answer by meriana at 11:08 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Forgot, if you don't want to purchase a stuffed animal, you can go to the Estore section of Webkinz and purchase a virtual version. It's just like the stuffed one, you just don't have a stuffed animal laying around.
    meriana

Answer by meriana at 11:10 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Sheesh, I'm forgetful tonight....one more thing...when you adopt a pet at Webkinz, you give it a name, decide if its a boy or girl...then you receive a special gift box of prizes and some kinzcash (it's virtual money)
    meriana

Answer by meriana at 11:14 PM on Aug. 16, 2010