Smart?

How smart is your 2 1/2 year old? Is your kid going to preschool when they are 3?

noahsmommy12908

Asked by noahsmommy12908 at 9:27 PM on Aug. 16, 2010 in General Parenting

• Sending your child to too many years of preschool just get them in trouble in Kindergarden. They get bored. IMO
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 9:29 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• My daughter started preschool when she was 2, as will my younger two kids. She didn't get in any trouble in kindergarten, but she loved being able to help out the other kids.

Answer by missanc at 9:33 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I think preschool is great. It gives them so much socialization. As well as learning from others. When mine are 3 if we can afford it they will be going at least 3 days a week.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 9:36 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Mine went to a 2 day a week preschool where I was told he was ready for kindergarten because he would stay in his centers and clean up before moving to the next one, they also said he talked like a grown up and they carry on conversations forgetting he is just 3. He even could count to 10 in Spanish after 3 weeks there, so, 6 times. BUT, he was always and still is smart at 14 years old. It doesn't really help him in school, because he is bored and thinks he is smarter then all his teachers because he corrects them on spelling , grammar, and certain things they teach. Even the classmates know he is usually right. Yet, he makes only ok grades.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 9:46 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I agree! My son already knew at ages 2 and 3 what the state teaches in Kindergarten here. That's one of the reasons we decided to homeschool. I also think that children are being sent to school too early these days.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 10:01 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I can teach anything my son is willing to learn at home and if he needs "socialization" I'll take him to the park so he can play with the other neighborhood kids.
    GigantaursMommy

Answer by GigantaursMommy at 11:01 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• military only allows them in at 4!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 9:56 AM on Aug. 17, 2010