Is it a good choice to get pregnant before my fiance deploys?

noahsmommy12908

Asked by noahsmommy12908 at 9:31 PM on Aug. 16, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• That is a personal decision for the both of you. I personally would not. We have 2 and my hubby thinks when he deploys in a couple years I should be pregnant while he is gone. I said to him You're Crazy.....in so many other words. But I also have 2 babies to watch after already. I mean, he could miss the birth and it is truely an amazing experience, one of my hubby's most memorable experience.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 9:33 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• If you are okay with being a single Mom while he is away - go for it.

Only you can make this decision. Personally, I wouldn't. I would not want to go through the whole pregnancy alone, I would want to share that with my husband, I would not want to worry and stress that he will not make it home for the birth, again something I def want to share with my husband. And I would be terrified that something would happen to him and that he would not be coming home at all, and there I would be, alone with this little life.

For me, no...
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 9:34 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Well, that depends on a lot of things. Do you have other support? Will he be away for the birth, etc?
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:34 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Thanks ladies. You got me thinking now :) Dont worry its good
    noahsmommy12908

Comment by noahsmommy12908 (original poster) at 9:36 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I have tons of support and if got got pregnant right before he left I would be 7 or 8 months along
    noahsmommy12908

Comment by noahsmommy12908 (original poster) at 9:37 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• As much as it sucks to think about it...not only would you be a single mom while he's gone. but there is always a chance you will be a single mom...period. Im just saying, it's reality for a lot of people.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 9:42 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I have been pregnant for both of my husband's deployments. It was all good, I didn't have any issues. He missed all the pregnancy craziness and came home to a perfect baby.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 9:47 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I think so, just in case!!!. but be perpared to go though the pregnancy and birth alone :(
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 9:47 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• wait!! Get married first, I missed Finacee part!
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 9:48 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Youre not married yet so no. I dont think you should get pregnant by anyone, let alone a soldier until you're married. That way you have the insurance, housing, money issues covered.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 10:40 PM on Aug. 16, 2010