does your cat claw on your screen door?

Im getting tired of replacing my screen every year. holes everywhere and all he has to do is meow to go in or out, i'm usually right here. no he has to climb the freaking thing.

luvschocolate

Asked by luvschocolate at 9:36 PM on Aug. 16, 2010 in Pets

• No, my goldendoodle does;) It's terrible:P
    thelowlander

Answer by thelowlander at 9:39 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• When we had inside/ outside cats we put a metal bar-type thing over that part of the screen. We got it in a hardware store or home depot, it was to protect the screen. It was kind of decorative.

Answer by Bmat at 9:39 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• he does it because its a game to him now. I noticed one of my cats, when she wants attn, will claw things because she wants me to chase her. uber annoying. have you tried a spray bottle near the door so when you see him approach , nail him?
    that may work...good luck.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 9:39 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• We've never figured out how to curb this behavior. Mine used to hang on the screen to get in. My mom would squirt them with a squirt gun from the dinner table.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 9:40 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• my cuzin's dont
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 9:44 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• We had a cat who eventually cut his own little kitty door out of the screen. Oh well, it was destroyed anyway.
    LauraMi261

Answer by LauraMi261 at 11:45 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I don't have a cat or a screen door. lol
    marihand

Answer by marihand at 2:38 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• What screen door? We did have a nylon screen in our door but the cat destroyed it. If you catch your cat climbing on the screen, either throw water on him or squirt with a water gun or spray bottle. If you can do this consistently, he will get tired of being wet and stop climbing.
    mikesmom65270

Answer by mikesmom65270 at 4:32 PM on Aug. 17, 2010