my 21 month old still has a paciffer, how can i get rid of it

we had it were she only used to go to sleep with and then i had a baby 2 months ago and now my 21 month old has to have it all day

klinemom2

Asked by klinemom2 at 3:59 PM on Oct. 7, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I threw my daughters away at 12 months. She missed it for all of 2 days and that was the end of it. Maybe throw them all away or make her throw them away. Tell her she is too big for those. My daughter calls the pacifier "a baby thing" now because I told her only babies used them.
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 4:02 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• this is not an answer to my ? i was commenting on the person that said to throw them away.. that would be good but i have a 2month old that uses them so if i throw them away she just takes the babies
    klinemom2

Answer by klinemom2 at 4:05 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• ^^ Thats why LovinEveryDay said she taught her daughter that this is a baby thing.

Tell your daughter the exact same thing. go to the baby with her, show her that only a baby will use a pacifier and that your older daughter is a big girl already.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 4:08 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• i was told that if you just use the pacifier at night or nap time it wont hurt them to use it thats what i started doing and it works great when i lay my son down for a nap his pacifier is in the play pen for him and when he wakes up i leave it in there and he is 16 months old i have been doing this for about two months now and i havent had any issues i was told soon he wont even use it at night time
    brittanib329

Answer by brittanib329 at 5:25 PM on Oct. 7, 2008